Hello from London

Home Forums Directors’ Forum Hello from London

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Clare McCaughren Clare McCaughren 1 month ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Clare McCaughren
    Clare McCaughren
    Participant

Hi, I’m trying to start a Schole group in London, UK. Home educating is on the increase here, but co-ops are still relatively unknown. A friend of mine sent her son to the only Classical Conversations group in the country (about 90 minutes drive), so that was my introduction to the concept. However, I want to try and bring the benefits of community, and specifically a Schole community, to my area without the high tuition cost, and without relinquishing control of curriculum, structure etc.

I already host kids from three other families for a writing group (using IEW materials) on one day, followed by a book club (using Teaching the Classics). We meet with one family for history (narrations and activities from Story of the World) and others join us for science (Apologia elementary) – all on different days and times! I wanted to pull all that together to one day a week, which I think is feasible, although a lot of work. I have to keep remembering to home educate my own children in the process! (I have five, age 11-2.)

Anyway, I’m happy to be here, and I think it’s a wonderful, incredibly helpful offering by the Schole Groups team. Thank you for all the support and resources here – I look forward to using them.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.