Start a Scholé Group
Thinking of Starting a Scholé Group?Follow these steps!
Step 1: Read
- Learn what it means to be a Scholé Group: What is a Scholé Group?
- Discover the benefits of being a Scholé Group on our Features & Benefits page.
- Learn about the scholé learning philosophy, our core sequence of requirements, and more in our Scholé Groups Startup Guide, an abridged version of our extensive Scholé Groups Handbook.
- Review our terms of service here.
Step 2: Ask
Have questions? We would be glad to connect with you and answer any questions you may have about starting a Scholé Group.
Step 3: Apply
Fill out our online application to start a Scholé Group. On the application you will be asked to identify your group director, name your group, and commit to the Scholé Groups agreement.
Step 4: Prepare
Take advantage of these benefits and recommended resources, which are designed to strengthen and support your co-op:
- The Scholé Groups Handbook: Our in-depth Scholé Groups Handbook extends our Startup Guide, providing in-depth guidance for managing a Scholé Group—from the philosophical to the pedagogical to the practical.
- ClassicalU: Expand your knowledge of the classical tradition with our online teacher-training platform for classical educators. We highly recommend this resource for the leadership, instructors, and parents in your Scholé Group. Members of Scholé Groups receive a discounted rated on individual annual plans (over $50 in savings!). Discount information is emailed to the group director upon admission of the Scholé Group.
- A (Free!) Scholé Groups Website Template: Customize a website for your Scholé Group! We provide you with a template at no cost and can recommend expert website support if you would like assistance building out your website.
- Training Webinars: Join trainings and discussions led by leaders in the classical renewal. View archives at your own pace, and stay tuned for upcoming webinars.
- 20% discount on curriculum from Classical Academic Press: Save on classical curriculum for you and your co-op!
Click here to see a full list of resources, support, and benefits offered to Scholé Groups.
Step 5: Launch
Use your website to communicate your group’s mission and goals and to spread the word to like-minded families in your area.