Start a Scholé Group
Thinking of Starting a Scholé Group?Here's the path we recommend.
Step 1: Read
- Learn what it means to be a Scholé Group: What is a Scholé Group?
- Discover the benefits of being a Scholé Group on our Features & Benefits page.
- Learn about the scholé learning philosophy, our core sequence of requirements, and more in our Scholé Groups Start-up Guide, an abridged version of our extensive Scholé Groups Handbook.
- Review our terms of service here.
Step 2: Ask
Step 3: Apply
Fill out our online application to start a Scholé Group. On the application you will be asked to identify your group director, name your group, and commit to the Scholé Groups agreement.
Step 4: Prepare
Take advantage of these benefits and recommended resources, which are designed to strengthen and support your co-op:
- Read The Scholé Groups Handbook: Our in-depth Scholé Groups Handbook extends our Start-up Guide, providing in-depth guidance for managing a Scholé Group—from the philosophical to the pedagogical to the practical.
- Contact a Scholé Group Mentor and Consultant: Reach out to one of our several certified Mentors and Consultants. Each Mentor is an experienced Scholé Group Director with several years of training in classical education and restful learning. Your first consultation is free! You can find a listing of these Mentors here: Scholé Groups Mentors and Consultants.
- Take a look at ClassicalU: Expand your knowledge of the classical tradition with our online teacher-training platform for classical educators. We highly recommend this resource for the leadership, instructors, and parents in your Scholé Group. Members of Scholé Groups receive a discounted rated on individual annual plans (over $50 in savings!). Discount information is emailed to the group director upon admission of the Scholé Group.
- Launch a website for your group: A website is an ideal way to share your group with the community while facilitating communication and collaboration within your group. We have crafted a customizable website template, built specifically for Scholé Groups. We’ll help you connect with a website specialist who can setup your website for you using our free website template! Click here to learn more.
- Join in our Training Webinars: Join trainings and discussions led by leaders in the classical renewal. Subscribe to our eNewsletter to receive notifications of upcoming webinars, and view archives of previous webinars here.
- Enjoy a 20% discount on curriculum from Classical Academic Press: Save on classical curriculum from Classical Academic Press for you and your co-op. Scholé Groups receive a 20% discount and free shipping on any order of 20 items or more. To take advantage of this discount, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our main office at 866-730-0711.
Click here to see a full list of resources, support, and benefits offered to Scholé Groups.
Step 5: Launch
Use your website to communicate your group’s mission and goals and to spread the word to like-minded families in your area. As your co-op grows and develops, stay connected with the Scholé Groups Network so that you can benefit from the support of the larger scholé community. Connect with other groups on our forums, on our Facebook group, through our webinars, or through shared documents in our File Library.