File Library Instructions
To see a document’s details/description:
Single-click anywhere on the row (except the title) to expand the row and see a short description of the document along with any categories it has been linked to.
Note: If you are the owner of the document, you may edit the description by clicking the pencil icon in the upper right-hand corner of the library above the “Rating” column.
Click the title of the document and then click “Download” below the preview.
Supported file types: Word documents (.docx), Excel files (.xlsx), and PDFs (.pdf)
(Note: Before uploading, you may want to double-check that the document you are uploading does not contain any personal information that you wouldn’t want to share with all other Scholé Groups, such as student names and contact information.)
1. Click “Upload a document.”
2. Navigate to the desired file, and click “Choose.”
3. Enter a short description of the document, and select all tags that apply.
4. Scroll to the bottom and click “Save.”
To upload a Google doc:
1. Navigate to your Google drive.
2. Right-click on the desired file and click “Make a copy” on the drop-down menu.
3. A copy will appear next to the original document. Double-click on the copy, which has automatically been named “Copy of…,” and remove any personal information that you do not wish to share from this copy. You can rename the file if you wish by right-clicking on the document and choosing “Rename” from the drop-down menu.
4. Navigate to “File” and then “Download as…” to choose the desired format. In most cases, it will be simplest to download the document/sheet as a Word document (.docx) or an Excel file (.xlsx). (Note: Once you have downloaded the copy of the original Google doc to your computer, you can delete the copy from your Google drive if you wish.)
5. The file will be downloaded to your computer and placed in the “Downloads” file.
6. Navigate to the Scholé Groups document library.
7. Click “Upload a document.” Navigate to the downloaded file. It may be easiest to search for the title. Select the desired file and click “Choose.”
8. You will be prompted to provide a brief description and select any tags that apply.
9. Click “Save.”
To delete a document:
You may delete a document only if you are the owner/uploader of that document. To delete the document, select the document row and click the trash can icon in the upper right-hand corner of the library above the “Rating” column.