Start a Scholé Community
Thinking of Starting a Scholé Community?Here's the path we recommend.
Step 1: Read
- Learn what it means to be a Scholé Community: What is a Scholé Community?
- Discover the benefits of being a Scholé Community on our Features & Benefits page.
- Learn about the scholé learning philosophy, our core sequence of requirements, and more in our Scholé Communities Start-up Guide, an abridged version of our extensive Scholé Communities Handbook.
- Review our terms of service here.
Step 2: Ask
Step 3: Apply
Fill out our online application to start a Scholé Community. On the application you will be asked to identify your group director, name your group, and commit to the Scholé Communities agreement.
Step 4: Prepare
Take advantage of these benefits and recommended resources, which are designed to strengthen and support your community:
- Read The Scholé Communities Handbook: Our in-depth Scholé Communities Handbook extends our Start-up Guide, providing in-depth guidance for managing a Scholé Community—from the philosophical to the pedagogical to the practical.
- Contact a Scholé Community Mentor and Consultant: Reach out to one of our several certified Mentors and Consultants. Each Mentor is an experienced Scholé Community Director with several years of training in classical education and restful learning. Your first consultation is free! You can find a listing of these Mentors here: Scholé Community Mentors and Consultants.
- Take a look at ClassicalU: Expand your knowledge of the classical tradition with our online teacher-training platform for classical educators. We highly recommend this resource for the leadership, instructors, and parents in your Scholé Community. Members of Scholé Community receive a discounted rated on individual annual plans (over $50 in savings!). Discount information is emailed to the group director upon admission of the Scholé Community
- Launch a website for your group: A website is an ideal way to share your community with those searching for a scholé environment for thier family while facilitating communication and collaboration within your local community.
- Join in our Live Learning Events: Join trainings and discussions led by leaders in the classical renewal. Subscribe to our eNewsletter to receive notifications of upcoming webinars, and view archives of previous Live Learning Events here.
- Enjoy a 20% discount on curriculum from Classical Academic Press: Save on classical curriculum from Classical Academic Press for you and your co-op. Scholé Communities receive a 20% discount and free shipping on any order of $375 or more. To take advantage of this discount, join or start a Scholé Community and become a Scholé Communities Member! Already a Scholé Groups Member? Access the Resources Page Here!
Click here to see a full list of resources, support, and benefits offered to Scholé Communities!
Step 5: Launch
Use your website to communicate your group’s mission and goals and to spread the word to like-minded families in your area. As your co-op grows and develops, stay connected with the Scholé Community Network so that you can benefit from the support of the larger scholé community. Connect with other groups on our forums, on our Facebook group, through our webinars, or through shared documents in our File Library in ClassicalU.
Ready to Begin?
We’re accepting applications!